St. Helier Gas Production Plant & Storage Upgrades
Nortech was contracted to provide the engineering design for upgrades to the Jersey Gas Company plant at St Helier in Jersey.
The existing site is a LPG storage and Gas Production Plant (GPP) handling both butane and propane, with a low pressure water sealed gas holder and gas boosting facility in the centre of St Helier. The main drivers for the project were to improve security of supply and remove the need for the gas holder, which was decommissioned in 2012, and free the land for potential redevelopment.
The project consisted of significant upgrades and modification to the existing site, including:
· New skid mounted gas making modules (Vaporisers)
· Air blowers
· New hot water boilers
· Aftercooler modules
· New plant / process air supply
· Civil / Structural works – including foundations, boiler house, field equipment (control) room
· Upgrading the existing deluge system
· Pipework – LPG supply, hot water, process air, mixed gas, deluge
· Electrical – electrical supplies to the new equipment
· Instrumentation – New control system and control philosophy